POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Persistence of Vision : Re: Persistence of Vision Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:24:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Persistence of Vision
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 23 Apr 2011 08:23:15
Message: <4db2c4b3$1@news.povray.org>
On 04/23/2011 04:34 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> "Thomas de Groot"<tDOTdegroot@interDOTnlANOTHERDOTnet>  schreef in bericht
>> Just something you should be aware of: the texture of the arches repeats
>> itself. You should add a bit of randomness.
>
> I have uploaded in p.t.s-f  an updated version of ndi_buildings.inc which
> corrects this. In addition, it makes the wall texture consistent over the
> whole building. Formerly, the texture was scaled down along with the smaller
> arches, which it should not of course.
>
> Thomas

Hey thanks for doing this ... was on my to do list so this will
certainly be helpful. Perhaps later on this evening I can have something
for everyone to look at ... I'm almost settled on the tree/shrub
placement, and I've got Rob's cloud worked in ... I'll also pick up your
changes/additions.

I think we are getting close but seem to be neglecting the left side of
the scene. I'm wondering if a character close to the camera position
walking towards the courtyard is all it needs to add some balance to
that side of the scene ... Thomas you've done some terrific character
work in the past so what do you think about the idea ... and maybe
making a contribution to the scene?

Jim